The Owensboro Riverport has the ideal facilities and assets to meet your domestic and international shipping needs.
Our terminal features modern cargo-handling equipment, with a 84 NT capacity mobile harbor crane and two material handlers on spud barges for added flexibility, and a complete line of forklifts, loaders, and specialty equipment. There are also five certified truck scales on site that are available to the public. Owensboro Riverport has a fully-equipped, on-site maintenance shop.
Owensboro Riverport offers about 500,000 square feet of on-site indoor warehouses and more than 100 acres of outdoor storage. The Riverport has facilities for bulk cargo and a grain-handling facility operated by Consolidated Grain and Barge Co.
The Owensboro Riverport is a Foreign-Trade Zone as well as a U.S. Customs Port of Entry and Homeland Security Facility, with 24/7 on-site security.
Terminal Facilities & Assets
- Eight pile cells
- Six mooring dolphins
- 210-foot heavy lift cargo dock that is one foot above the hundred-year flood plain ensuring that high water is never a factor for loading or unloading
- 200-foot heavy lift and project cargo dock located at lower river level (expected completion April 2022)
- 21,500 linear feet rail track
- 9,100 linear feet rail loop
- Over 100 acres of outside storage – paved or limestone gravel base
- Bulk storage totaling up to 20,000 tons
- Grain handling facility on site managed by Consolidated Grain and Barge
- Liquid tank farm – 6 million gallons, river/rail access and load out facility
- Adjoining acreage available for construction and future growth potential
- Five certified truck scales
- Array of equipment to complement full-service port including
- LHM280 Multipurpose high-capacity, high-speed Mobile Harbor Crane 84NT
- Two barge-mounted material handlers for bulk products
- Semis and dump trucks, flatbeds and van trailers
- Loaders, fleet trucks, specialty equipment available
- Lift trucks 5,000-pound to 52,000-pound lifting capacity
- Rail car mover with eight-car capacity
The Owensboro Riverport boasts eight warehouses that are directly adjacent to the CSX main rail line, with rail spurs to most buildings and available spotter truck services.
- Warehouse #1 – 32,000 sq ft
- Warehouse #2 – 21,000 sq ft
- Warehouse #3 – 43,250 sq ft
- Warehouse #4 – 300,000 sq ft
- 14 loading docks
- Covered dock accommodates space for 13 railcars
- Warehouse #5- 45,000 sq ft
- Warehouse #6- 25,000 sq ft
- Warehouse #7 – 25,000 sq ft
- Warehouse #8 – 10,000 sq ft